Ah, summer. The freshly cut grass, the warm air, the every other day street festival… the yard sales!
Scott spearheaded our first building-wide, multi family yard sale (yup, back in our original yellow brick home!) in 2009, and we’ve carried the tradition over to our new – and by new, you know we’ve been here for 3 years this summer! – block. Only once was it skipped completely, and that was in 2013 when we were tearing down drywall and hoisting ceilings. This year, we had a ten-family-affair, and that same night, we took a portion of our prize money and purchased an almost new grill off of Craigslist. Yeah, summer!
Today, we’re taking you along on our 7th annual yard sale, and we’ll share what we do to prepare and how we hang during the morning rush. Plus, of course, we hang with dogs. (Lots and lots of dogs.) Cheers to the holiday weekend, and here’s hoping you’ll catch a few sales while you’re out and about!
• An in-depth look at 3 months(!) of planning a yard sale.
• The ‘Puppies Make Me Happy’ tank was a gift from our neighbor, Liz! (Am I that obvious? Ha!)
• Nelson needs a home! See adoptable Nelson and friends through Chicago Canine Rescue.
• Our dining table and kitchen items can all be found right here, and for those interested, the countertops are white macauba quartzite, a suggestion by several of you. We love them.
• Feel free to subscribe to our channel and catch past videos right here!
Edited by our talented friend Hannah Stephans
Music: “It’s Real” by Real Estate