What’s For Dinner?
Does anyone else loathe that question? We’re cooking in more than ever, and our tried and true recipes have started to feel mundane and uninspired. Takeout from our favorite local restaurants has also grown tiresome – it only makes us miss the ambience of the businesses we love supporting! All this to say, we’re officially on a mission to find simple + tasty weeknight dinners. And because we all have different go-tos, we thought:
What if everyone shared their easy weeknight dinner in the comments, and we could all pick up new recipes from each other?
We’ll start: Our favorite is pasta tossed with crispy bacon, roasted broccoli, fresh squeezed lemon juice and heaps of Parmesan (recipe here, but have fun with it!). Any pasta will do; we’ve used spaghetti, rigatoni, penne and spiralized zucchini, all with success. Okay, ready? Go!
In need of a new candle? We burned through our APOTHEKE White Vetiver 3-wick in only a few days.
Matt + Beau’s bed and bath makeover is stunning. STUN. NING. This might be my favorite view of any home, ever, of all time:
As a small business ourselves, we’re constantly shifting our mindset when it comes to how we share with you, our DIY-loving community! Supporting our/your favorite online creators is crucial to our/their livelihood, so I especially loved this reminder:
Lucy’s – er, the whole family’s! – favorite new-to-us cartoon. Gosh, it’s adorable.
Another new-to-us family favorite: The Sneaky, Snacky Squirrel Game! Lucy loves it for the color recognition and spinning wheel, we love it for improving her fine motor skills (and seeing how happy it makes her)!
IG I Love
Where have I been?! I only recently found Karolyn @ladydukart, but I spent at least an hour diving deep into the archives of her 1880 home restoration. That pink bathroom! Old home lover or not, I’ve been inspired and rejuvenated since following along.
- Article: President’s Day Sale, up to 20% off
- Baggu: Free shipping on all orders
- Boutique Rugs: 60% off with code LOVE60
- CB2: Winter Flash Sale, up to 60% off clearance
- The Company Store: 20% off sitewide with code B21SAVE
- Everlane: Up to 70% off Choose What You Pay!
- Levi’s: 30% off sitewide with code PREZ30
- Madewell: 25% off everything for Insiders
- Old Navy: Up to 50% off storewide
- Rejuvenation: Additional 20% off clearance
- Rugs USA: Up to 70% off President’s Day sale
- Target: Save up to 25% off furniture items
- Unison Home: Free shipping over $50 with code FEBSHIP21
- West Elm: Open Box discounts!
Have a Warm + Snuggly Weekend!
It feels like it has not. stopped. snowing. in Chicago, and the chilly, dry, freezing cold air is making us all feel homebound on top of already being homebound by the pandemic. So! This weekend, we’ll build some forts, pile up the pillows, grab all the blankets and snuggle, snuggle, snuggle. What are your plans for the next few days? Whatever it is, we’re wishing you warmth!