I’m sharing an early edition of The Weekender, as we prepare to wind down for the long holiday weekend. It has been another heavy news week, and I’ve been spending a lot of time in my head, looking for empathy where it should be directed, yet feeling overwhelmed most days. I’m thankful that we have a warm home to retreat into, blankets to snuggle under and a queue of movies to watch with Lucy. I’m thankful for this job that we share with all of you, thankful for hot coffee, friends that are family, and a dog that I know deep down is part Jack, part Chunk.
I’ve also been thinking a lot about Thanksgiving, and what it means, especially as Lucy begins to ask more questions. I was grateful to read this article from Cup of Jo: How to Talk to Kids About Thanksgiving, and of course, the comment section is always full of thoughtful responses as well. I’m sharing it here in case it resonates with you, too!
How do you celebrate Thanksgiving? Will you be with family, or are you keeping things small? Do you focus on gratitude, history, or both? We’ve been enjoying intimate celebrations with our little family for the last few years, and we’re looking forward to this alone-together-time again.
Other Things This Week:
A year ago, I shared the most random Instagram Story. I stuffed these standard bed pillows into the seat cushions of our sofa to ‘fluff’ them up after years of use. It was like magic! We use our sofa heavily, from movie marathons to weekend naps, and a $5 hack brought our dented cushions back to life. That small Story has become THE thing to fill my DMs with: Can you remind me how you did that? Well, friends, @ourhideawayhome shared it in this 10 second Reel, and I can’t stop watching it.
I am way too excited about this. Is it December 9th yet?
When I’m feeling down, watching this makes me smile. (It’s the honey for me.)
Setting healthy boundaries is a very important part of giving. It assures you’ll always have something left to give.— The Tree Who Set Healthy Boundaries, Topher Payne
Congrats to Chris and Julia on the launch of their Polly rug collection with Loloi! We added this checkered rug to the Kalvakota project (see it in their space right here!), or they’re available on Amazon. The style we ordered is already back ordered, but it’ll be worth the wait.
Retailers of all sizes are already rolling out their Black Friday and Small Business Saturday sales, due to lead times. Yay for us! I’m sharing the sales that caught my eye, as well as rounding up a few products from several that have my heart.
- Algenist Skincare: 30% off site wide, no code needed
- Article: Black Friday sale up to 30% off select items
- Artifact Uprising: Up to 20% off with code VERYMERRY
- Boutique Rugs: 65% off Early Black Friday with code BF65
- Brooklinen: 20% off site wide for Black Friday, no code needed!
- CB2: Up to 50% off clearance
- Crate & Barrel: Save 10% off when signing up for email list
- The Company Store: 40% off Black Friday specials with code FRIYAY21
- Equilibria CBD: 30% off site wide + 15% off all first time customers with code YELLOWBRICKHOME
- Everlane: 30% off top winter styles with additional styles being added on Cyber Monday!
- Hanna Andersson: Up to 40% off site wide, no code needed
- J. Crew: Extra 30% off sale items with code SALETIME
- J. Crew Factory: Black Friday deals site wide
- Lowe’s: Savings now on these site wide deals
- Madewell: 30% off with code OHJOY
- Old Navy: Black Friday deals site wide, no code needed
- Rejuvenation: Up to 20% off furniture, decor and more
- Rugs USA: Up to 75% off Black Friday sale
- Schoolhouse: Up to 20% off site wide, no code needed!
- Serena & Lily: 25% off site wide with code ITSHERE
- Tubby Todd: 15% off site wide or 20% off an order $100+, no code needed
- Unison Home: Free shipping on orders of $50+ with code GIVEMODERN
- Urban Outfitters: Black Friday deals site wide
- West Elm: Up to 40% off ready-to-ship furniture!
- Wildling Beauty: 20% off sitewide, no code needed
Be Well This Weekend
Wishing you a happy weekend, filled with everything you need and nothing you don’t. xx