It’s Been… a Month.
Um, where did June go? We’ve been light on the blog, but behind the scenes, we’ve been pushing ourselves too hard, and that stops… now. Lucy has spent the last few weeks with her grandparents while we worked on getting the condo prepped for sale (among many other things), a rare treat for them (and us), but good gravy WE HAVE MISSED HER. Funny how such a tiny human can bring so much balance to our lives, but we’re counting down the minutes until we can squeeze her – tomorrow!
With Lucy being away, it’s also (not so) funny how easily we fell back into ‘old Kim + Scott’ – the Kim + Scott that worked 12+ hour work days, 7 days a week. That old routine has weighed heavy on my heart and mental health, to the point where any and every obstacle has felt like another hill to climb. And so, we’ve promised each other that moving forward, the ‘new Kim + Scott’ are setting better boundaries. Life is too short, stop and smell the roses, all those good things. I’m not a person who is afraid to say no, I’m not a people-pleaser, exactly. But I am a person who wants everyone around me to feel loved and cared for. My biggest struggle right now is taking care of myself.
To those of you that know the secret to setting boundaries, how do you do it?! Really, I’m listening.
I’m looking towards July with more optimism, more rose-smelling, more long walks with Kitty and more Lucy(!).
I watched this (at least) 5 times, and my heart was soaring.
Justina Blakeney’s line with Opalhouse launched at Target, and no surprise, it’s rich with color + quirk. I’ll always gravitate towards golds, blush and cream, but if you’re a more adventurous person than I, she has you covered! These are my picks from the collection:
Did you follow along with the One Room Challenge? I especially love going through the guest participants, and I noticed a lot of tone-on-tone (I’m drooling), vintage charm (this music room!) and panel molding (that fuschia tho!). The campground (above) made my jaw drop, and this short term rental (below) blew me away!
These jeans, all summer long! I purchased them in two washes, and they haven’t left my body since. Tip: Size down.
I’ve been influenced! I first saw Elise @thefoxfamilyden share these molds in her Stories, and I knew Lucy would LOVE them. The shapes, the tails, the hidden fossils(!) – I cannot recommend these enough.
Something else I want to shout from the rooftops? THIS CLEANSER. I’ve been using it for a month and have noticed a world of difference! My skin feels the same as it does after a detoxifying mask. Smooth, clean, never tight or dry. All the gold stars.
Big Weekend Sales
- Anthropologie: Extra 25% off all sale items, no code needed
- Article: Memorial Day Sale on select items, no code needed
- Baggu: Up to 60% off sale + free shipping over $30
- Boutique Rugs: 60% off with code 4TH60
- CB2: Up to 25% off outdoor and up to 50% off clearance
- Equilibria CBD: Both new and existing customers receive 20% off sitewide + an additional 15% off for new customers with code YELLOWBRICKHOME
- Everlane: Up to 70% off Choose What You Pay!
- J. Crew: Extra 50% off sale styles
- J. Crew Factory: 40% everything, no code needed
- Old Navy: Up to 50% off sitewide
- Overstock: 4th of July Sale with 70% off thousands of items
- Pottery Barn: Up to 75% off 4th of July sale!
- Rugs USA: Up to 75% off 4th of July sale
- Serena & Lily: Up to 25% off outdoor styles
- Tubby Todd Bath Co: 3 for $40 / choose your trio!
- Unison Home: 15% off sitewide with code UNISON15
- West Elm: Up to 70% off 4th of July Warehouse Sale
Have a Happy Weekend
Do you have fun plans for your 4th of July weekend? We’ll be decompressing at our Tree House in Michigan – our first time there for the 4th! We plan to make s’mores, hit the beach, and allow Lucy to stay up way too late. Time stops in Michigan (in the best way), and I’ll be doing everything in my power to soak in every moment, savor every second.