Our new custom dining table arrived this week! We started planning this project in March, and we hired Norman Leigh to create the round table of our dreams. I’ll dedicate an entire blog post to the behind-the-scenes process, but I couldn’t help but share this sneak peek in today’s #ybhweekender!
Right away, we noticed a few big differences since adding this table to our narrow dining room. To start, the table makes the room feel much larger! The clean lines are so beautiful and fills the space beautifully. Second, working from home together got easier. Scott and I can spread out much more, but we’re still sitting side-by-side to share screens. And we had our first dinner at the table last night, and it was nice to flank Lucy, haha.
Next up: Dinner with friends and a big pile of takeout containers in the middle. Chill music on the overhead speakers, soft lighting, popped bottles of wine. No where to be, just wonderful conversation and new memories.
Lucy is starting half-day preschool this fall (!!!), so I picked up this 5-pack of toddler face masks in the cutest colors! She already loves picking the color that ‘goes’ with her outfit for the day, and I love the adjustable straps and nose clip. 10/10, highly recommend!
My BFF wouldn’t stop raving about these sunglasses, but it was the reviews from other Asian women that sold me. As someone who has struggled with sunglasses staying up, THESE ARE IT! Lightweight, inexpensive and lots of colors to choose from.
Have you seen the Bo Burnham special Inside, on Netflix? Scott and I haven’t stopped talking about it since we watched it. We laughed, we cried, and I’m still obsessing over his cinematography and editing.
These Art Deco inspired lights in taupe (taupe!), have stolen my heart. I can see them in a row down a hallway, tucked into a nook or flanking a bed.
I’m due for a Glossier refill, and as I loaded up my cart with my tried-and-true items, I thought it would be fun to share! Their products just work for me, and I’ve tried almost all of them. These are the ones that I return to over and over again:
- Ultralip | I bought one and loved it so much, I bought another. Now I’m adding yet another to my cart so I can keep one in my purse, one in the drawer and one in my makeup bag! Portrait is my everyday lip – the prettiest pink.
- Cloud Paint | I’ll never go back to powder blush! Puff is my winter favorite for a just-popped-in-from-the-cold look, and Beam is my peachy golden cheek color all summer long.
- Stretch Concealer | Its hard to describe this concealer. It’s lightweight but buildable, and it has the dewiest, prettiest finish. I apply it with a beauty blender under my eyes, on dark spots, around my nose, and set it with loose powder. No foundation or creams – this is all I need!
- You eau de parfum | My everyday signature scent for a pep in my step.
- Milky Jelly Cleanser | Glossier slays in the cleanser department! I use this one in the morning (leaves my skin so soft)…
- Cleanser Concentrate | … and this one in the evenings! I use two small pumps, and it feels like a triple cleanse. Every trace of makeup is removed, even mascara! After a consistent 2 weeks of use, my skin looks more bright and feels so smooth.
Rattan is back, and I couldn’t love these more.
Did you see the preview for the Christian Robinson x Target collection? (Couldn’t love him more.) It’s inclusive, playful and bursting with color, and it launches August 15th. I have my eye on this jacket for Goose!
Our budget shed makeover – our scrappiest and moodiest project this year! – was a collaboration with our longtime partner, Troy-Bilt. If you have 3 minutes to spare, can you please take this survey? Troy-Bilt is looking to measure the impact of the campaign. By filling out the survey, you’ll be entered for a chance to win a $250 VISA gift card!
- Anthropologie: Extra 25% off all sale items, no code needed
- Boutique Rugs: 60% off with code SCHOOL60
- CB2: Up to 50% off clearance
- Equilibria CBD: 15% off for new customers with code YELLOWBRICKHOME
- Everlane: Up to 60% off sale items
- J. Crew: Up to 30% off sitewide
- J. Crew Factory: Up to 50% off sitewide
- Old Navy: Up to 50% off kids’ sale
- Pottery Barn: Free shipping on orders of $99+ with code FREESHIP
- Rugs USA: Up to 75% off washable rugs
- Unison Home: Free shipping on orders of $100+ with code FALL21
Have a Sunny Weekend
What are your plans for the weekend? We’re planning to eat and drink outside as much as possible, play on the beach and go blueberry picking! Have a sunny, happy weekend, all. xx