We spent most of last week/end in Cincinnati for a video and photo shoot, and while I shared sneak peeks on Stories, so, so many of you welcomed us to the Queen City and gave us your recommendations on where to eat, where to play. Thank you! It also made me realize that, perhaps over the years, we’ve just assumed you knew our backstory. Like, did you know that Scott and I met each other while attending the University of Cincinnati? Although we would’ve never bumped into each other in the halls (me a Fine Art major, Scott in Communications), we lived only two doors down from each other on the same street.
Cincinnati will always have a piece of our hearts, since it’s where we met, fell in love, adopted Maddie, adopted Libby, and ultimately, decided to move to Chicago ‘just for fun.’ Just for Fun turned into The Long Haul, and we’ve been Chicago’s biggest fans for almost 14 years now. Where does the time go, man?
We’ve shared fun Q & As as well as more personal stories on the blog from time to time, but since it’s been a while, I thought I’d share a few of our favorites again, for friends old and new! Oh, and in case you’re wondering, we’re Team Skyline. (Obviously.) Click on the thumbnail to view any of the past posts below!
Other Things This Week:
Tree House is available for summer rentals! I made the announcement on Stories last night, and it has felt like such a whirlwind to get to this point. I was pregnant with Lucy when we made an offer that was accepted. We tiled a kitchen with a newborn Lucy strapped to a harness over my chest. We’ve restructured the porch and the backyard, we’ve painted every last surface and we’ve checked off a thousand other things – so many thing! – that I couldn’t possibly begin to list it all. And now here we are, 2-and-a-half years since purchasing our little slice of Michigan, and we’re ready to share it with all of you.
In getting Tree House ready for rentals, I stocked up on this cotton jersey bedding in oatmeal. The ratings can’t be beat, and I’ll add mine to the hat, too – they’re super soft and wash beautifully!
Finally! Swimsuits in long sizes! I may have the world’s stubbiest legs, but my torso won’t quit. I picked up this black henley and this strappy olive suit (both in medium long), and I’m ready for ya, summer.
holy smokes, is this the bathroom of my dreams? Many of you sent this post to me this week, but I already had it bookmarked, ha! Y’all know me so well.
I’m almost finished with this book, and I couldn’t begin to put into words the eloquence on display in those pages. It’s an important, beautifully written memoir. A must read, if you haven’t already.
I am crushing on this straight leg crop, and today only, they’re on sale for $50. So. Many. Colors (and lengths, hooray!)
- Anthropologie: 25% off sale (shows in cart)
- CB2: Up to 30% off rugs
- Crate & Barrel: Up to 20% off outdoor furniture
- Everlane: Choose What You Pay (yes, really)
- J. Crew: Up to 30% off vacation essentials, 40% off sale with promo GETAWAY
- J. Crew Factory: 20% off plus free shipping over $100 with promo SOEXTRA
- Loft: 40% off everything with code NEWNOW
- Madewell: Extra 40% off sale with code LIKEALION
- Pottery Barn: Up to 30% off the Buy More, Save More event
- Rejuvenation: 20% off Living Room Sale
- Rugs USA: New arrivals up to 50% off
- Serena & Lily: Up to 30% off pillows and throws
- Target: Up to 40% off furniture
- Wayfair: Up to 65% off upholstery sale
- West Elm: Up to 20% off plus free shipping with promo BIGDEAL
- Williams Sonoma: Free shipping on all orders with code SHIP4FREE
- World Market: 30% off living room and office furniture
Every morning, I tell Lucy: Have the best day ever, Goose! Wishing you the same for the weekend – minus the Goose part, because that would be weird. xx