It’s Halloween weekend, and I’ve never been more excited for this day! Lucy has taken a huge interest and liking to the holiday, and for the first time in her life, we leaned into it and brainstormed a family costume. Can you guess who we are? Four versions of Mariah Carey!
It started as Lucy’s idea, and we ran with it! Naturally, she wanted to be Christmas Mariah. (She’s memorized every word to All I Want for Christmas Is You.) I called dibs on 90s Someday Mariah, because I’ll never forget listening to that song on my friend’s portable cassette tape player(!) on the school bus and being immediately smitten. Lucy requested that Scott be Rainbow Mariah (to which he had no choice), and I knew Kitty would make the prettiest, goodest girl as Butterfly Mariah!
I had way too much fun pulling our costumes together, and it felt so fun to be creative together as a family! The funny thing is that I would, hands down, wear every part of my Someday outfit in a normal day. This bodysuit + these jeans have moved to the front of my closet! This is Kitty’s tube top, Lucy’s Christmas costume, and I used fabric paint to make Scott’s tee. Oh, and these heart earrings make me so happy!
We have plans to gather safely with a handful of other friends – a ‘pre-party,’ if you will, at 3pm (ha!) – followed by trick or treating in the neighborhood. Lucy’s preschool is having a costume party, her day care is bringing in a face painter, and what can I say, her excitement around the day has been so contagious!
Other Things This Week
The beaded garland we used on our tree last year is back in stock! It’s always selling out, so pick yours up now if you were bummed last year. While you’re at it, the greens from our faux garland flock-off are in stock right here! (These consistently sell out, too!)
Not surprisingly, Everlane is crushing it this season. These are the items we’ve added to our wardrobes + wishlist for the fall and winter:
This cocktail bar just opened near our neighborhood, and I am so there. The colors, the design, that menu!
In need of a short-and-cute rain boot? I’ve been wearing these (in cream) to slosh through the puddles, and I can’t recommend them enough.
Did you hear? We’re booking virtual consultations through the Touchbase platform! We’ve already spoken with a few of you, and it was so wonderful to get to know you and help you through the screen. This is why we love it:
- You can book a virtual consultation in 15, 25 and 55 minute increments
- There is nothing to download. You just click a link at our virtual meeting time, and we talk through your design head scratchers.
- Best of all, 10% of all proceeds from each session gets donated directly to MASK Chicago (Mothers/Men Against Senseless Killings), a nonprofit with a focus on violence prevention, food insecurity and housing for all.
Book your session right here. We can’t wait to chat with you!
- Boutique Rugs: 60% off with code HAL60
- CB2: Up to 50% off clearance
- Crate & Barrel: Up to 60% off fresh markdowns
- The Company Store: 40% off bath, apparel and kids with code H21SALE
- Equilibria CBD: 15% off all first time customers with code YELLOWBRICKHOME
- Everlane: Up to 50% off sale items
- J. Crew: Extra 50% off sale with code SHOPSALE
- J. Crew Factory: Extra 50% off everything!
- Lowe’s: Savings now on these sitewide deals
- Old Navy: Up to 50% off storewide
- Pottery Barn: Up to 70% off in-stock and ready-to-ship items
- Rejuvenation: Extra 20% off clearance with code EXTRA20
- Rugs USA: Up to 75% off October closeout
- Unison Home: Free shipping on orders of $100+ with code HOLIDAY21
- West Elm: Up to 40% off ready-to-ship and up to 30% off rugs
- Williams-Sonoma Home: Additional 20% off clearance with code EXTRA
Have a Spooky Weekend!
What are your plans for the weekend? Once the Halloween festivities wind down, I’m most excited for miniature candy with my coffee on Monday morning, you?