It’s official: Lucy is the balance our lives need. We reunited over July 4th weekend (after spending a handful of fun-filled weeks at grandma’s house), and we spent the next 7 days fueling our souls with the most beautiful Michigan weather. As it turns out, my secret sauce for not turning into a workaholic is chasing around an energetic, giggly 3-year-old! We unplugged at Tree House, rode bicycles, built sandcastles, watched fireworks from our backyard and played on the beach as the sun set.
We were gifted blue skies and sun for most of our time off, never taking a second of it for granted. In the evenings, we screamed while running around our Michigan backyard, pointing to the tops of trees and saying, Look at how spooky + pretty the light is!
A few times, I pulled out my ‘big’ camera and lugged it around while we hiked the dunes and allowed Lucy to swim in the lake with her clothes on. As if on queue, the sun showed off by casting soft, warm light. As it set beneath the level of Lake Michigan, it turned yellow and pink and blue. This family trip was the reset we needed.
PS: Lucy’s swimsuit, fits TTS (with adjustable straps!).
Have you watched This Is Pop on Netflix? We devoured the mini series in a weekend, but it was T-Pain that did it for me.
I was today years old when I learned about Mariah’s alt-rock album. WHAT.
I can’t resist a washed black denim jean. These are right up my alley and 70%(!) off right now!
The blanket that filled my DMs with link requests this week! It’s the perfect mix of casual + cool. Large enough so you’re never playing tug-of-war. Thick, high-quality, and supports a small family business! 10/10.
This 26′ x 62′ digital cat is melting hearts (including mine).
The Studio McGee fall collection with Target was recently released, and I have so many favorites! Is it too early to start wishing for sage and cinnamon scented candles, rust-colored everything and all the textures? Sharing my picks below!
- Anthropologie: Extra 25% off all sale items, no code needed
- Baggu: Up to 60% off sale + free shipping over $30
- Boutique Rugs: 60% off with code SUM60
- CB2: Up to 40% off outdoor and up to 50% off clearance
- Equilibria CBD: 15% off for new customers with code YELLOWBRICKHOME
- Everlane: Up to 70% off sale items
- J. Crew: Back to School event, no code needed
- J. Crew Factory: Extra 60% off 3 clearance items with code EVENBETTER
- Levi’s: Up to 75% off warehouse sale, no code needed!
- Old Navy: Epic Clearance sale, up to 75% off
- Pottery Barn: Up to 75% off 4th of July sale!
- Rejuvenation: Free shipping on lighting with code FREESHIPLIGHT
- Rugs USA: Up to 75% off jute and sisal rugs
- Serena & Lily: 20% off upholstery with code JUSTFORYOU
- Unison Home: 15% off sitewide with code UNISON15
- West Elm: Free shipping on bedding, pillows and bath
Have a Relaxing Weekend
What are your plans for the weekend? Scott surprised me with a weekend away with my childhood best friend! We’ll be meeting in Indianapolis – the halfway point between our homes – and our only plans include consuming food and cocktails, swapping skincare favorites and sleeping in. We haven’t seen each other in person since before the pandemic, although we talk most days through Marco Polo. It will be so wonderful to hug her later today! (Thank you, vaccines!)
In Stories, so many of you already gave me suggestions on where to eat and what to see in Indy, but I’ll happily take more! Drop a comment below with your Indianapolis can’t-miss brunch and dinner spots for all to see and enjoy! xx