With the end of our small bathroom renovation in sight (shower glass was just ordered, guys!), we’re at the stage in our home where everything is being dialed in, juuust so. Between perfecting our smart home systems, fine tuning the framed artwork and photographs and reassessing our whole home color palette (for which we have recently repainted the funny little nook and workshop and workshop pocket door – details soon!), we finally feel that our home really, truly reflects us.
This goes way, way beyond the ‘things’ in the home, rather, it’s the way our home makes us feel when we’re living in it. When we’re having family dinner at the table. When we’re lazing on the porch swing. When we’re doing the laundry, watching a movie and reading Lucy a book. It’s been a 6-year-long journey, and just as our lives ebb and flow, so does our home.
I’m a details person, and as we tweak our home, I’m always looking to improve upon our daily routines. Recently, I upgraded my USB phone charger to the prettiest wireless charging station! Game. Changer. Although my phone has been capable of wireless charging for quite some time, I had yet to take advantage of it – until now.
Have you heard of Courant? They’re a new-to-us brand that reached out to say hello!, and I was impressed with the simplicity and restraint with their products. They have a range of wireless chargers and trays, and I fell head over heels for the CATCH:3 in Bone, a warm white pebbled leather. It’s the sweetest companion for my bedside table, and better yet, they’re offering our friends $20 off any order! Order through this link for the discount to be applied at checkout, or use promo code STAYYELLOW. One time use per customer.
- I got caught up reading the comments on Ashley’s post where she asks, to share or not to share (the process)? As someone who loves to breathe new life into a home, I’m team Share the Journey. We hope you’ll agree that we share as much of the ups as we do the downs, and we think it’s only fair to this community that we share those ‘ugly’ in-process photos, too. But to be fair, I wouldn’t call them ugly, would you? Every photo signifies a step in the right direction, and although we could be better at this ourselves, we think that’s worth raising a glass to. What do you think? Are you team Share the Journey or Share the Pretty?
- Scott and I went through this photo gallery of a restored Cincinnati home at least ten times, and it never stopped ceasing to amaze us. (That pink bathroom tile!) It’s stunning.
- Chris and Julia’s cabinet line couldn’t shine any brighter in this kitchen renovation. Plus, it’s selfishly really fun to see them using the same tiles as a backsplash that we’re using in our shower!
- And speaking of our small bath, I just ordered a handful of these to use as hand towels. Linen forever.
- Did you see Casey’s new project? We can’t wait to follow along!
- Years ago, we volunteered to design One Tail at a Time’s first ever brick and mortar pet Adoption Center. Since then, they continue to exceed every goal they set towards a no-kill Chicago, and next month, they’re opening a Behavior Center! When their director, Heather, asked if we could lend a hand in the design, we jumped in with both feet. Anything – and I mean anything – for the dogs! This fun light fixture just arrived, and we can’t wait to unroll this rug! Psst: They’re both on crazy sale rn, too!
- Article: Up to 25% off select items through June 2nd
- West Elm: Up to 30% off + free shipping with code SAVEMORE
- Target: Up to 30% off patio & home
- Rejuvenation: 25% off lighting and 20% off everything else + free shipping with code FREE SHIP
- Leesa: 15% off mattresses (our favorite!) + 2 free pillows
- Crate & Barrel: Up to 40% off outdoor furniture, entertaining and rugsIKEA: 20% off all outdoor furniture in store and online
- IKEA: 20% off all outdoor furniture in store and online
- McGee & Co: 20% off with code SUNNYDAYS
- Serena & Lily: 20% off with code SUMMERPREP
- CB2: Up to 30% off outdoor furniture
- Anthropologie: Up to 30% off furniture, decor & bedding
- Williams Sonoma: 50% off cookware
- World Market: Up to 30% off select outdoor
- Urban Outfitters: 40% off summer essentials
- Old Navy: 50% off all tees, tanks, shorts, and swimwear
- Everlane: Choose What You Pay (until it’s sold out!)
- Pottery Barn: Up to 30% off plus free shipping with code SAVEMORE
- Lulu & Georgia: Up to 25% off with code BEST
- J. Crew: 40% off everything with code SHOP40
- Madewell: 20% off dresses & sandals with code PERFECTMATCH
Wishing you all a happy and safe Memorial Day weekend, friends!