Our First Visit to Vermont!
Over the weekend, Scott and I visited Vermont for our first time! We were there with a group of incredible creators to engage with and learn more about Delta Faucet – and see Delta fixtures installed in the HGTV Dream Home in Vermont. The former fueled my soul; I haven’t been able to chat and gather in such a way since pre-pandemic, and I’m holding onto that feeling tightly. The latter is more complicated. Sadly, the in-person visit to the Dream Home was cancelled last minute due to safety guidelines and restrictions.
But! We were in Beautiful Stowe, Vermont! We woke every morning in Spruce Peak to bright blue skies overlooking ski slopes. Afternoons provided soft, fluffy snow and the evenings were so clear, tinged with warmth from the cocktails we enjoyed.
During our stay, we watched a glass blowing demonstration, sipped on freshly tapped maple syrup, dined on cheese and beer pairings, filled up on chocolate and raclette, dressed up for a date in a speakeasy, and, of course, learned about the new technology coming down the pipeline from Delta Faucet!
We’ve been noodling on plans for our own kitchen renovation(!) in 2022 where we’ll implement some new fixtures, and we cannot wait to have you alongside us for that ride. We’re equal parts nervous and excited, and we’ll be sharing the why, how it came to be and what the plans are in the new year!
PS: If you’d like to follow along with the other creators, find them at @dabito, @awedbymoni, @bemyguestwithdenise, and @themakerista. Each of them continues to inspire us, and we can’t wait to see what they do!
Other Things This Week:
My long ivory puffer coat is still on sale! Every girlfriend has made a point to ask me where it’s from. Shop it here, and size up if you want a more flowy fit!
Scott’s mom sent me the link to Michelle Staub’s embroidery work, and I fell down a rabbit hole for 30 minutes! I’m completely in awe. If you’re in the market for quirky, remarkable pet portraiture, look no further!
Fellow old house lovers, it’s drafty weather season! Ugh. In our best efforts to keep our home feeling warm and cozy, we picked up this temperature sensor that works with our nest thermostat. GAME. CHANGER. We’re no longer fighting pockets of cold or cranking up the heat.
While in Vermont, my Instax camera bit the dust. (Dropping it repeatedly over the years certainly didn’t help!) I immediately purchased the Instax Mini 40, the model I’ve had my eye on for a while. It does not disappoint! And this time, I picked up a pretty case, too.
Whenever a woman is photographed, the issue of her vanity is inevitably raised, but Nixon has finessed this with his choice of natural light, casual manner and unfussy preparation.— Forty Portraits in Forty Years
Is anyone else watching Yellowjackets? It’s all Scott and I can talk about, and I’m dying to bring more people into the conversational fold. Think: Christina Ricci and Juliette Lewis set to the tune of an alt 90s soundtrack, shrouded in mystery. Let’s dish👇!
Quick Ship Gift Ideas Under $25
We’re in the home stretch before Christmas! Below, I’m rounding up a handful of quick ship gift ideas – all under $25! – to fill a stocking, surprise a friend or thank a mentor.
1. Dymo embossing label maker, $15 | 2. phone tripod with wireless remote, $25 | 3. wood + white cookbook stand | 4. vegan leather journal, $20 | 5. Left Center Right dice game (the best!), $10 | 6. half dozen Crumbl cookies shipped to their door, $22+ | 7. Bodies are Cool children’s book, $16 | 8. Cork Pops bottle opener (+ a bottle of their favorite wine), $20 | 9. Carhartt beanie (in yet another color they don’t have!), $17 | 10. music genius playing cards, $10 | 11. Grace & Stella eye mask pairs, $21 | 12. dino ice pop molds, $16
- Anthropologie: Up to 40% off gifts
- Boutique Rugs: 60% off Winter Sale with code WINTER60
- CB2: 20% off the Gift Shop
- Crate & Barrel: Save 10% off when signing up for email list
- The Company Store: 40% off Black Friday specials with code FRIYAY21
- Equilibria CBD: Buy 2, Get 1 sale on selectgifts + 15% off all first time customers with code YELLOWBRICKHOME
- Everlane: Sale items up to 60% off
- Hanna Andersson: Up to 50% off holiday pajamas
- J. Crew: Extra 50% off sale items with code CHEER
- J. Crew Factory: Up to 60% off winter favorites
- Lowe’s: Savings now on these site wide deals
- Madewell: 20% off with code HOLLYJOLLY
- Old Navy: Up to 60% off site wide, no code needed
- Rugs USA: Up to 75% off Home for the Holidays sale
- Unison Home: Free shipping on orders of $50+ with code GIVEMODERN
- Urban Outfitters: Up to 50% off jackets and outerwear
- West Elm: Up to 40% off ready-to-ship furniture!
- Williams-Sonoma Home: Up to 75% off clearance
Have a Happy Weeeknd
Do you have any fun plans this weekend? We’re looking forward to a delayed Hanukkah celebration with a small circle of friends, pajamas all day, and maybe a wintery walk around the neighborhood. Have a happy weekend, friends!