A Chamelon and Her Bug
Lucy’s chameleon costume is hardly new (see: exhibit A + B), but my goodness, she loves that thing! So much so, that she wears it at least once a week – twice, if she’s making deals. (She’s a fantastic negotiator.) She wore this costume last year during our neighborhood’s annual Halloween parade – which was understandably canceled this time around – and it somehow still fits.
So rather than whip up a new costume, we opted instead to give our little chameleon a companion in the form of a (Catfish-shaped) bug! An antenna headband was all we needed for the cutest duo on the block, although you’ll have to look closely since the headband blends into our home. Oops.
To my fellow Photo Geeks, I finally added an L-bracket – a super thin, nondescript piece of metal – to my camera, and now I can never go back. It changed the way I shoot! This is why.
Imagine a young girl looking in the mirror, searching for role models in the world to give her hope that one day, she too, can make a difference.— Girl In the Mirror
Have you decorated for fall this year? I loved our porch last fall (below), but this year, Lucy picked out a few pumpkins, I staggered them on our porch steps, and we called it ‘done.’
I shared our Nora Project Play Pack on Stories a few weeks ago, but I want to take a moment to talk about it again here. The Nora Project aims to normalize differences, demystify disability and promote meaningful connections between peers. They created the Play Pack in conjunction with Discovery Toys to celebrate differences and promote emotional literacy – and I guarantee it would make a wonderful holiday gift! Use promo code PLAY for 25% off through tomorrow!
Many of you noticed the chandelier we recently added to the Two Flat’s mauve dining room (below)! We couldn’t be happier with how much it adds to the space. It was a budget buy to begin with, but now it’s an additional 10% off!
Who’s your Bodega Santa? Scott has always been amazing at this, and now I have a nickname for it!
Yummy Cool Weather Candles
It’s candle season! (Although, isn’t it always?) These are our favorite scents this time of year:
- Brooklyn Candle Studio Santal Cedar | Santal, cedar, pine, vetiver, and sandalwood
- Capri Blue Volcano | Tropical fruits, sugared oranges, lemons and limes, and mountain greens
- Paddywax Amber & Smoke | Balsam and amber, cinnamon, patchouli and clove, vanilla, sandalwood and smoke
- Calm Mood | Lavender and chamomile
- Sydney Hale Co. Eucalyptus + Sage | Eucalyptus, warm honey, herbaceous sage, patchouli, and teak
- Sydney Hale Co. Bergamot + Black Tea | Salty citrus of winter, blooming bergamot orange blend, and dried black tea leaves
- Crete Candle Egyptian Fig (currently burning!)| Citrus and fig + essential oils of grapefruit, patchouli and lavender
- Homesick Candles | Choose your favorite city, state or mood!
- Hearth & Hand Cedar & Magnolia | woodsy florals
- Le Labo Santal 26 | Amber, coco, vanilla, cedar, spices, musk, and sandalwood
- Good Medicine Fir | Siberian Fir is a fresh, green, nostalgic scent reminiscent of an evergreen forest
- Terra by P.F. Candle Co. Juniper | Juniper berries, pine, fir needle, and cedarwood
- Paddwax Evergreen & Embers | Eucalyptus, spearmint, pine needles, suede, silver spruce, white leather, patchouli, cedar, fir embers, and spiced balsam
- P.F. Candle Co. No. 04 Teakwood & Tobacco | Base of teak and sandalwood, leather, pepper, and tobacco
- Baggu: Sale totes, bags and backpacks
- Boutique Rugs: 60% off with code HAL60
- CB2: Up to 25% off mirrors
- Crate & Barrel: Up to 20% off dining seating
- Everlane: Up to 50% off sale items
- Madewell: Extra 40% off sale with code GOODBUY
- Old Navy: 50% off storewide
- Pottery Barn: Up to 70% off Holiday Mega Sale!
- Rejuvenation: Up to 20% off ALL lighting and fans
- Serena & Lily: 20% off everything with code LOVEHOME
- Rugs USA: Up to 60% off shag rugs
- Target: Save 25% off furniture items
- Unison Home: Free shipping over $50 with code HOLIDAY20
- West Elm: Up to 40% off thousands of items
Have a Happy Halloween!
How do you plan to celebrate (if that’s your thing)? Scott and the dad of Lucy’s best bud will be ‘hiding’ candy in an open green space nearby, and then we’ll let the girls run around to ‘find’ the goodies. After which, we’ll watch as they get high on sugar and fun, and we’ll cross our fingers that they’ll both sleep that evening. Have a happy one, friends!