We’re thisclose to spring (can you feel it?), but in the meantime, we’re doing all we can to stay cozy and warm. Today, we’re sharing our favorite candles to burn all season long while we countdown to sunnier days.
There’s never not a candle burning while we’re home. In the evenings while we play with Lucy? Yes. During the day while we working from our desk? Yup. When we have company and when we don’t? Always. It’s such a sweet treat – the simplest of pleasures! – every day. It’s therapeutic, an instant mood booster. As Lucy would say, let’s get cozy, cozy!, which equates to bundling under blankets, playing her alphabet game and lighting a candle. Girl after my own heart, I tell you.
And as we count down the days to spring (it’s so, so close!), we find ourselves turning to the same candles again and again. Is there such a thing as a Winter Candle? Because if so, I think we’ve got that category cornered, from cedar to juniper, amber and fig. Below, I’m sharing our favorite scents that we’ve been burning all cold-season long (#5 forever and ever!), as well as the ones that were love at first scent – but still on our wish list.*
* Yes, every single one of these have passed our personal sniff test.
Our Favorite Winter Candles
1. Brooklyn Candle Studio Santal Cedar, $35 | Santal, cedar, pine, vetiver, and sandalwood
2. Capri Blue Volcano, $18+ | Tropical fruits, sugared oranges, lemons and limes, and mountain greens
3. Paddywax Amber & Smoke, $35 | Balsam and amber, cinnamon, patchouli and clove, vanilla, sandalwood and smoke
4. Calm Mood, $28 | Lavender and chamomile
5. Sydney Hale Co. Eucalyptus + Sage, $36 | Eucalyptus, warm honey, herbaceous sage, patchouli, and teak
6. Sydney Hale Co. Bergamot + Black Tea, $36 | Salty citrus of winter, blooming bergamot orange blend, and dried black tea leaves
7. Hearth & Hand Balsam Fir, $14 | Woodsy balsam fir
8. P.F. Candle Co. No. 21 Golden Coast, $14.50+ | Salty sea air, redwood, eucalyptus, and heart of white lavender
9. Hearth & Hand Cedar & Magnolia, $15 (currently burning!)| woodsy florals
10. Le Labo Santal 26, $75 | Amber, coco, vanilla, cedar, spices, musk, and sandalwood
11. Good Medicine Fir, $32 | Siberian Fir is a fresh, green, nostalgic scent reminiscent of an evergreen forest
12. Terra by P.F. Candle Co. Juniper, $28 | Juniper berries, pine, fir needle, and cedarwood
13. Paddwax Evergreen & Embers, $35 | Eucalyptus, spearmint, pine needles, suede, silver spruce, white leather, patchouli, cedar, fir embers, and spiced balsam
14. P.F. Candle Co. No. 04 Teakwood & Tobacco, $14.50+ | Base of teak and sandalwood, leather, pepper, and tobacco
What are your favorite candles to get you through winter? Which brands do you love that we should know about?
PS! Here’s an easy-to-DIY leather candle cozy to hide less-than-pretty labels.