Does your home’s porch need as much love as ours? (Or maybe it’s your living room? Or bedroom? Or maybe you just really want the most perfect dining space for late night games and storytelling?) Today, we are so, so excited to finally share that we’ll be working with Lowe’s to help you makeover a space in your home! If you’re a homeowner and have been closing the door to those scarier rooms – because let’s face it, we do that, too – we encourage you to submit your worst offender for a big, fat springtime refresh, and we’ll get that space into shape. (Hey, are you ready already? Apply right here!)
There are too many things about the application process that make our hearts so happy. For one, anyone in the United States is eligible to enter their room, and we will personally be reading through each and every story and sifting through each and every photo submission. You can apply starting right now, and applications are open all day Tuesday and Wednesday, closing at 11:59pm EST on Wednesday, February 10th. (In other words, let’s get to it!) We’re looking to hear your personal story and how we can work together to make a space you’ll love, a space you’ll want to spend all your time in – napping, dining, morning primping or cocktail sipping.
Once the applicant has been chosen, we’ll come to your front door with a crew of Lowe’s volunteers and with your help, we’ll get right down to DIY! While we won’t have time to, say, demolish and renovate an entire bathroom, we will create an enviable punch list that’s two pages too long (you know us; what else is new?) and nail it. We’ll paint, plant, sod, light and build – maybe all of the above? – and we’ll do it all on Lowe’s dime! Here’s the bottom line: We’ll work with you one on one to create a one room design plan you love, and we’ll knock it out in 24 hours while having (likely, too much) fun along the way.
There are a few things to keep in mind, with eligibility criteria as follows:
• Be looking to fix up a space within your residence
• Makeover project should be able to be completed within 24 hours
• Must be the owner of your home
• Be outgoing, energetic, and fun with unique stories to tell
• Be comfortable being on camera and/or interviewed by media
• Be in need of expert design help from one participating blogger
• Be able to make quick decisions in order to keep tight timelines
• Be available for a 2 day period to complete the makeover (between February 9 -May 1, 2016)
• Allow photos of your home to be shared online
• Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
• Complete the online application form and agree to the Terms below
• To apply visit: lowesspringmakeover2016.castingcrane.com
• We will only contact eligible participants
Remember, you have all of Tuesday and Wednesday to submit your space, and applications close at 11:59 pm EST this Wednesday, February 10th. We truly can’t wait to dive in and see how we can help you transform your patio – or music room! Or sun porch! Or home office! – and we’ll contact the chosen applicant next week. What do you think, are you up for it? Can we hang out for a weekend, you and us? APPLY HERE.
Because Lowe’s want to help more than one of you, we’re part of a crew of 8 (beyond inspiring – pinch us) bloggers that will be helping homeowners across the country. Follow along with each of them, too!