On this Giving Tuesday, we’ve assembled a gift guide full of items that put a focus on giving back. From pet rescue to wildlife to education, your purchase from someone below will give back to our communities in need – all around the world. Let’s support those that support others!
Gifts That Give Back
- An annual membership to their local pet rescue, which often times includes a physical gift as a token of their appreciation. Featured here: One Tail at a Time in Chicago, Illinois.
- The Nora Project Play Pack ($100), that helps children identify their emotions, and engage with early concepts of diversity, intersectionality, and disability. Lucy especially loves the ad-lib style storybook!
- This large circle canvas bag ($42) – fully lined with the sweetest leather details! – that empowers Haitian artisans.
- A soul-warming stout from Pipeworks ($8), in which all of the proceeds benefit My Block My City My Hood, an organization in Chicago looking to build up their communities.
- A reusable water bottle ($20), where every purchase unlocks a donation to support charitable partners around the world. Better yet, users can continuously scan the bottle in the app (yes, there’s an app!) to continue donating on Fill It Forward’s behalf to new clean water projects.
- A No Kid Hungry® spatula ($15), designed by celebrities and helping to fight childhood hunger in America at the same time.
- A pair of ultra comfy Allbirds ($95) made from renewable materials, that can ultimately find new life once donated to Soles4Souls, helping communities in need thrive in the process.
- This juniper berry candle ($13+), artfully hand-poured by young moms in the Bright Endeavors paid job training program, lighting the way toward strong families and bright futures.
- A perfect morning cup from Sip of Hope, the world’s first coffee where 100% of the proceeds support proactive suicide prevention and mental health education.
- This linen bedding set ($287+) from Parachute Home, who partners with the United Nation’s Nothing But Nets campaign to send life-saving malaria-prevention bed nets to those in need.
- Macaroons, a delicious pie or cookies are always a good idea! Arley Cakes (Richmond based) uses fundraisers and advocacy to make whatever difference she can with flour, butter, sugar, and eggs. Check Yelp! for a fan favorite bakery near you.
- A 5-pack of tie-dye face masks ($25), in which 10% of the proceeds are donated directly to the ACLU. Several color options available!
- A pair of Warby Parker sunglasses ($95) that provides – for the majority of Warby Parker glasses purchased – personal protective equipment and preventative health supplies to healthcare workers and communities in need.
- This Adopt a Wombat Kit ($55+), that supports global conservation work and sends an optional Wombat themed email certificate to your designated recipient.
See all of our gift guides here, or check out these 2019 guides for more ideas: