Sharing the design direction for our Chicago kitchen renovation.
A Collected Kitchen with YBH
Earthy red cabinetry, black marble countertops and layers of white, cream and brass are what you can expect as our kitchen renovation rolls out! Scott likes to say, We’re in the eye of the storm. There’s nothing we can do right now, but in a few short weeks, the renovation will be full steam ahead. By the end of July, we hope to sell our current cabinetry, which will be immediately followed by floor refinishing, appliance delivery and cabinet building and installation. Then it’s on to countertops, tiling, and… well, you know we’ll take you along for every step!
What’s In the Mood Board
- We’re using ready-to-assemble inset cabinetry from Cabinet Joint in the color Sherwin-Williams Reddened Earth, Madison style. See the cabinet design plans here!
- We’ve teamed up with Rejuvenation, a long time partner, to bring all of our shiny, sparkly visions to life. We’ll be using a combination of these cupboard latches…
- … along with these ball knobs (SO cute!)…
- … and these timeless pulls.
- These appliance pulls will go on our panel ready refrigerator, freezer and pantry.
- Two of these pendant lights will get installed in a row as the central kitchen fixtures.
- We’ll have these double sconces on both sides of the range, and we’ll be using the single sconce in the same style above the floating shelf. We already have these same sconces in our primary bath and have loved them ever since!
- The Pix Bianco 4×4 tile will be highlighted with Irish Creme grout, a mid-tone warm grey.
- Black marble countertops, here we come! This sample in the mood board was taken from our photo of the exact slab we chose.
- We’ll be installing one long oak floating shelf on the sink wall, similar to this.
- Our kitchen table! I shared our favorite pedestal tables a couple weeks ago, and I teased that the winner was in the pack. We couldn’t resist the cream marble top and simple base, a small nod to our dining table in the adjoining room.
- This is not the rug we purchased, but I think we’re looking for something in this palette to go run alongside the sink wall.
- Our first pot filler! This pasta making, half-Italian girl is very happy. We’re working with Delta Faucet to dial in our wet fixtures, and for the first time, we’re opting for polished nickel! We love its classic good looks, with just a hint of warmth.
- The pull down faucet will have Touch2O and VoiceIQ technology! Only mildly freaking out about that. (JK, REALLY excited about the voice technology!
- We’re adding a glass rinser(!) to our sink set up.
- And to round out the wet wall, we’ll be installing this black granite sink, so that it disappears into our marble countertop.
Follow along with our kitchen renovation from the beginning!
why we’re moving the HVAC closet | the surprise inside our walls | deciding on cabinet colors and tile choices | our cabinet design plan! | the impact of choosing the right tile | why we added a temporary table