We’re so happy to have Kathleen here today, as she’s a continual source of inspiration. Her blog, Jeremy & Kathleen, covers topics from fashion to freelance (which I, of course, gobble up), and most recently, she’s partnered with her sister on a Braid branding adventure.
First off, thanks so much for inviting me to be a guest blogger for Yellow Brick Home.
I know Kim & Scott typically share home how-to’s but I would love to chat with you Yellow Brick Home readers about how to embrace your inner curly girl. I myself am a recovering addict when it comes to straightening my locks. Every day I would bust out my Chi in an attempt to tame my crazy big hair into submission. You can read my curly girl routine here with lots of great tips in the comments from my blog readers – but here I want to talk about rocking the curly girl attitude.
1. Have you ever noticed how the lead heroine (often played by Kate Hudson or Sarah Jessica Parker) in a movie wears her hair straight until she falls in love and let’s her true self (curly hair and all) shine? Let your true self shine every day – curly hair and all.
2. The thing about straightening your hair is that you become obsessed with every strand being perfect. Let it go. If you’re going to rock curly hair you’re going to have to embrace a few unruly pieces – it just adds to the fun.
3. Don’t date guys who say they don’t like curly hair. They’re jerks and are probably terrible in the sack. I promise.
4. Smile at other curly girls. You are kindred spirits.
5. Listen to your locks. Some days your curls may want to zig – other days they’ll want to zag. Just go with the flow and all will be okay.
I salute you, curly girls. (And you straight-hair girls are hot too! But you already knew that.)